Day 17 - Sydney Sites


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
July 23rd 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, since we didn’t get to bed until after 2:30 this morning, you can bet that we did not rouse right out of bed for a full day in Sydney. And of course the sun was actually shining a little, between the clouds. Around 11 or so we were finally up and ready to have lunch. The sun was starting to come out, the umbrellas were away and our stomachs were growling. The Rocks has great little sidewalk cafes and shops. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and then walked along George St. and took in all the high end shops. Kirsten has been trying to find a place to get her haircut, but she knew the salon located between the Burberry Shop and Louis Vitton was going to be too expensive. We have been looking for post office or shipping offices to try and send back our winter stuff so we don’t have to pay the airlines for our luggage, but so far we are out of luck. Our hotel may be able to help us out, we, (by we, it’s Kirsten) just have to figure it out.

We walked through the botanical gardens and the government house and made it to the Opera House. It was pretty amazing to look at and we were grateful to have a nice day to finally get some photos of it and the bridge. The gardens are totally green and filled with great smelling flowers and really cool trees. The Government house is still used for business, but the Governor of New South Wales doesn’t live in it anymore. Tons of people were out and about since it was the first day in a week that it had not been pouring buckets. We walked all the way around the Opera house through the Harbor and over to the bridge and our hotel. Not an exciting day, but we did see the big sites in Sydney. After a late Italian dinner, it was back to our room for bed. No drinks tonight, we can’t handle 2 consecutive nights of drinking. We are old remember?



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Government HouseThe Government House
The Government House

Still functioning


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 59; dbt: 0.095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb