Final week in Sydney

Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
April 4th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010EDIT THIS ENTRY

The week that followed was once again a busy one with me coaching every day and evenings spent (when not out and about) writing lesson plans for extra cash that I have already decided would be spent on having a suit tailor made whilst in Thailand, can’t wait! Bowks, amidst her scheduled hours at the ice cream shop, played the all important tourist guide for her mum, dad and brother, visiting the central business district of the city, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, Bondi Beach and not to miss the all important ferry crossing to Manly which gives stunning views of Sydney Harbour and bridge, especially at sunset and from what I understand they weren’t disappointed. One of the evenings we had a BBQ on the balcony of Bowks’ family accommodation which was just down the road from us. It was lovely sat on the terrace chatting with a glass of wine.

Friday was soon upon us and that marked Avril’s (Bowks’ mum) birthday where the where in the evening, as part of her birthday treat, we all went to La Traviata at the Opera House. The evening was fantastic with some delicious food eaten at a restaurant overlooking the harbour before watching the opera itself (outstanding!) with champagne at the interval. What a great birthday for Avril and we all enjoyed it very much too!

Saturday morning Bowks and I decided to take a drive to to the Northern beaches just north of Sydney, we had heard through word of mouth that the beaches were stunning. They didn’t disappoint. We had taken a picnic which we sat and ate at Palm Beach in the sunshine whilst chatting about how nice it would be to have a boat to plod about on. We then meandered to Whale Beach which had really orange sands and crystal clear waters, before heading to Newport Beach where Home and Away scenes are shot. All in all a thoroughly nice day!

The final day of the week was spent snorkelling down at Clovelly which has been my new found hobby, looking at all the goings on under water world. I then met Bowks after she had finished work and we went for beers and a spot of bare foot lawn bowling which was a bit of a giggle.

So began another week of work, but a week with a difference as it was to be our final week before once again we hit the road for more travels. The week flew by, marking the departure of Bowks family, my end of term drinks with Sportspro and Bowks indulging in what would be her last free Patagonia ice cream.

Soon Sunday arrived and we were busy packing our bags once more with the plan to enjoy our last few weeks in Oz travelling down to Melbourne stopping off in Canberra the capital on route. With the car packed up we handed over our keys back to Oli our ultra friendly, chatty, helpful small man syndrome house mate, oh how we will miss you. Yeah right! No love lost there.

Yes, yes, yes, off we go again! It was great working and seeing all the local sights of Sydney and its surroundings but boy we were looking forward to our onward travels. With the Beast loaded and the windows down we drove out of Sydney watching it disappear from the review mirror as we headed off to Canberra.

Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Bats hanging in the treesBats hanging in the trees
Bats hanging in the trees

There are 1000's of bats in Hyde Park

Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0582s; 59; m:apollo w:www (; sld: 6; ; mem: 6.5mb