The Adventures of Louise, Dan and The Snail...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Mosman
January 3rd 2013
Published: January 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

The SnailThe SnailThe Snail

Out the front of Dan's Dad's house at Mosman.
Day 1

Dan - So the journey begins. Getting the car together has been a long slog but it's finally at a point where we can hit the road. Major thanks to Luke Carrigan whose input in setting it up has been invaluable.

For those interested in the technical specs it's a 1995, 80 series Landcruiser with a 4.2 litre, straight 6 diesel donk. It's non-turbo so it runs like a tractor but we're not in any sort of rush. Carries 250 litres of diesel in 2 tanks which will get us about 1700 km unless we're beach bashing. It has drawers in the back (one is full of tools and the other is our pantry), a 47 litre ARB fridge which apparently holds 72 cans (haven't tested that claim yet), 5 x 66 litre crates which are packed with a whole heap of crap we probably won't use or need, a winch on the front, Koni shocks (90's in the rear and 88's in the front) with a 2" lift kit, dual batteries and a roof top tent.

We have named our chariot "The Snail" due to it moving very slowly and having a house on its
Mickey Thompson BajaMickey Thompson BajaMickey Thompson Baja

Got the Mickey Thompson Baja All Terrains with the 4 rib tread pattern for a bit of road, sand and mud action.
back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Rear Tyre CarrierRear Tyre Carrier
Rear Tyre Carrier

Going to get a second spare in Esperance which means replacing the entire rear bumper. For now we have to make do with the one.
Crates of Crap!Crates of Crap!
Crates of Crap!

Suspect a fair amount of this will be getting shipped back in a month or so. Not the M&Ms though!
Koni'sKoni's
Koni's

88 Series Koni shocks in the front. The 90's in the back are twice the size and look like they belong on a truck!
Table and ChairsTable and Chairs
Table and Chairs

Not the best packing job but we can sort it out later!
See ya!See ya!
See ya!

The family thinks we'll be back in a couple of weeks.
Harbour BridgeHarbour Bridge
Harbour Bridge

Yes this is a very safe way to take photos....
Bye SydneyBye Sydney
Bye Sydney

Our last glimpse of the Harbour.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb