Manly Wharf


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
November 12th 2011
Published: November 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Jo woke up feeling less than great this morning after arriving home in the early hours of the morning, so we didn’t really get moving until lunchtime. We had plans to meet a few friends over at Manly Wine, which meant catching a Ferry across to Manly. Jo had to prepare herself for the sea crossing – this wasn’t going to be fun! After lots of water and a spot of lunch we braved the journey, luckily the sea was very calm so the crossing was fine, but we were a little late meeting our friends.

We moved on from the wine bar to enjoy some time on the beach instead and watched Hamish (Sarah’s brother) testing out his board in the waves. After an hour or so, we walked back through the high st and said our farewells to the others before picking up ice-cream's and heading over to the board walk at Manly wharf to dangle our legs over the sea whilst watching the sun set – that was a truly beautiful view! We spent a few hours enjoying the last of the sunshine and watching the sun set before getting some take away Fish n Chips and heading back to the board walk to enjoy our dinner. When we arrived back at the board walk an area had been blocked off, with signs put up indicating that it was a penguin breeding area! This seemed a little surreal since the place was packed with people and right behind us were 2 large bar/ restaurants with music and people chatting… not sure it’s where I would choose if I were a penguin! After an hour or so of dedicated watching we saw a little penguin waddle out of the water and quickly hide under the board walk. In the hurry to get a camera to capture the little penguin Jo managed to throw her inhaler in the ocean, although no picture of our penguin friend!! We also spotted a Ray swimming in the ocean beneath our feet!

We caught the ferry back across to Circular Quay and walked back up Pitt St to the flat. The streets were very quiet on the walk back apart from a Saxophonist playing at St Martin’s place – the sound was carried all along the streets which made for a lovely walk home. And of course Jo had to share a few coins with him – Dad that could be you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb