Sydney - Christmas and New Year


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
December 29th 2008
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived safely in Sydney but my backpack didnt!! Stu was happy he got his but mine was being flown to Melbourne, then to Sydney by 0730 Christmas Eve, I was glad to see it again!

Our friend Mark picked us up from the airport, we're staying at his girlfriends flat in Manly, ideal location right next to the beach.

Christmas Eve - We had a look around Manly town and then we hit the supermarket for some supplies and of course BEER and WINE, we spent Christmas Eve at Nicks flat in Manly (Marks mate), it was a good night.

Christmas Day morning, we opened some presents, then headed to Syndey, Marks old old flat mate has a penthouse apartment onthe 29th floor overlooking Hyde Park in Sydney, what a great location/view to spent Christmas Day, with an extra bonus of a swimming pool one level higher, lovely!! The weather in the morning was pretty over cast but by lunch the skies were clear and it was so hot.

Boxing Day we went to Marks flat in Manly for a BBQ and a swim in the sea, and it was freezing but refreshing. On the way home we saw Little Penguins, they come in everynight to rest.

It was a nice christmas, but very strange to spend it inthe sunshine and to have lots of BBQ rather than a hot roast!!

We drove to Palm Beach, this is where Home and Away is filmed, outside the surf club, we popped to Bondi Beach, the weather was really cloudy so it didnt look that impressive, they were getting everything ready to NYE party onte beach.

Stu and I spent the day in Sydney, we first had a look at the Opera House, then walked through the Botanical Gardens, which were lovely, but it was so hot, we walked past the Navy Base, saw Russell Crowes apartment, then had a Meat Pie with Gravey by the waters edge, it was yum! we popped to Paddys Market for some bits.

Our friends Warren and Leah, who we stayed with in Perth for a couple of days met us on Manly for a drink and some lunch which was nice.

NYE we were meeting Brads and Amanda (they live just outside of Sydney) and their friends were having a party overlooking the Harbour Bridge, It was nice to see them both and catch up. We got to the party around 9pm and the views were great, when midnight came the fireworks were coming from all over Sydney, we were near to Darling Harbour, but could clearly see the Harbour Bridge fireworks, pretty cool to see.

It was nice to see Mark and Brads/Amanda and to see the sights of Sydney and Manly. Our flight to New Zealand was good on 2nd Jan 2009.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb