Sydney Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kirribilli
March 16th 2013
Published: March 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Sydney yesterday, got from the airport to the hotel in less than one hour and it was rich hour. Trains were very efficient and it was only a short walk to the hotel. It's in a really great position literally two minutes to the ferry and a boat ride to Central Sydney which takes about five minutes. Decided to take the ferry across, arrived at Central Wharf which is where all the ferries run from in Sydney harbour. Walked round to the Opera house which is five minutes from the ferry terminal, was hoping to find something to go and see there but there wasn't much on this week. The roof of the Opera House which was designed by the Danish architect Jorn Utzon was tiled much to my amazement. Fantastic piece of architecture.

After this I walked round the Botanical Gardens which are right next to the Opera House and the harbour. The amount of boats and ferries whizzing around is phenomenal, I wonder if they have many collisions??

After this I walked along the harbour towards The Rocks where they hold a Saturday market. En-route I passed an Aboriginal guy with all the paint on playing aboriginal music, and also a girl who was a contortionist but she had the audience spellbound with her wit and comments. She managed to squeeze herself into this tiny box which I think she said was 14 inches square not sure about the size but it was very small.

Then on to the Rocks which was busy with all sorts of market stalls, decided to walk back across the Sydney Bridge excellent views of the harbour from here. I did think about doing the climb but it was all steps and I am not sure I could have managed that many but did see some people on the top of the bridge who had done it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb