Old Blogs New Trips


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darlinghurst
September 25th 2011
Published: October 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It is said the the beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right name. Well due to a variety of factors, while the PandDGoItaly title of our blog (a vestige of our 2009 trip) may suggest otherwise we are actually off to Spain this time. Our initial intention for this trip had been to balance both our travel passions – Dianne's of France and Paris in particular, and mine of anywhere in Spain -- bookending 4 weeks away with a week in Madrid and a week in Paris, with he intervening two weeks being shared between northern Spain and Brittany. Following some preparatory reading over the Christmas period, we were both struck with how much Madrid had changed since our last visit there in 1997, and Dianne made the observation that we could (or rather should) spend at least two weeks there. One thing led to another, and we decided that rather than trying to squeeze even more Madrid into our intial itinerary and risk finishing the holiday more exhausted than we started it, that this time it would be four weeks in Spain. “Would that be allright with me” Dianne asked. Allright?? -- it would be absolutely marvellous for me!!! however I was surprised that Dianne would give up France. Dianne quickly corrected me on this point – no she was not giving up France, but rather postponing it from this time; our next trip would be totally French. And me not being into delayed gratification agreed to this in half a heartbeat.

And so here we go – two weeks in Madrid, a week in San Sebastian and then five nights in Zaragoza (a new destination for us) before return to Madrid for two nights and then home (although we are not thinking about the latter bit at present). And you've already had a sneak preview of a potential outline of our next trip (which we probably will document on PandDGoItaly – so our apologies in advance for that). And if none of that is of interest then perhaps a re-visit (or in the modern parlance of the entertainment industry, and encore screening) of our Italy trip posts below. So if your interest is piqued, please do drop by over the next five weeks to share our rantings and ramblings about our Spanish journey. Hasta la vista amigos.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb