pictures from Bondi


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
February 18th 2007
Published: February 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Growing up on the Jersey Shore, David Speck moved to Sydney a little over 2 years ago and is working as a chef in classy places all over the continent. He doubles as the welcoming committee for all the people visiting and studying in Australia.
We met up on a Sunday at Circular Quay, where all the ferries come into Sydney. He then he drove me down to Bondi beach near where he lives. We walked around there then did the cliff walk that goes around to Tamarama and Bronte beaches. Incredible. Picture miles and miles of shores of cliffs with beaches scoop cut into them. Gorgeous. Got some lunch from a cafe he knows the owners of, then walked back as a huge squal line was coming in. It went from sunny to seeing a wall of rain, then dark. We took quick refuge under an overhang in the cliffs and watched the storm fly straight over us. IT was breathtaking. After grabbing a pint at a bar on the North end of Bondi and spotting an ice cream man David drove back to the ferry!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

David SpeckDavid Speck
David Speck

the welcoming committee for the Jersey Shore for Australia!
squattersquatter
squatter

not a bad place to live
cloudsclouds
clouds

the clouds are different here...


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb