Last supper


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day Twelve - Last supper
Well although I woke early enough to go for a run, it was fine so I figured I’d be walking most of the morning. Silly idea - while we did sneak in a few short walks we dodged the rain for the rest of the morning. We did a short climb over the hill to see if there were any whales passing through today but sadly not. The wind was blowing strongly but I managed to walk closer to the edge than last time so I’m getting better. It felt so great just sitting there with the wind tossing the waves below and watching the birds struggling to make headway. This is really relaxing. We came back and packed up ready to run in the afternoon, but went to the restaurant for lunch. We sat outside as it was warm and dry despite the wind, but that wasn’t to last. By the time the meals were served it was bucketing down again. We just snuggled further away from the drips and laughed about it while sharing lunch with a butcher bird. They are as bad as sparrows for scavenging food from the tables, but the sing beautifully and more interesting to look at so we didn’t shoo them away.
The trip back to Sydney was uneventful and wet. Long straight roads make driving in NSW a pleasure and a lot of it is on dual carriageways so it feels really safe. I nodded off a few times but spent most of the trip listening to Aussie poetry / ballads which gave me a better appreciation of Australian history. We got ‘home’ at 7.30 ish and finished off the beef casserole that Eric had made earlier in the week. Just what I needed at the end of a long day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb