'Brett's Bring it on Tour'


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sawtell
March 10th 2006
Published: March 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Waking up early to take full advantage of the day, Matt and I went straight to the beach for a bodyboarding session, which lasted a good couple of hours and was very enjoyable. On the way to the beach we came across a patch of water seperating us from the beach, on the sand around the area there were hundreds of little holes that confused us somewhat, as we looked around for clues we noticed a moving carpet of little blue backed Soldier crabs, a real sight, something you'd expect to see on a BBC wildlife programme. After surfing we went back to the cabin for lunch and then Brett, Scott's dread-locked brother, picked us up for a day of fun in Coff's. He gave us a load of options for the day and we just said 'yes' leaving it up to him which to do first. He drove the Tarago up into the hills taking us off the beaten track down a bumpy country road through the bush, even dropping through a pebbly water ford. He stopped at the side of the road and directed us down a very rugged and muddy path through low hanging trees and shallow pebble streams. With no idea of where we were being taken or what to expect when we reached our destination and only wearing boardies and thongs (flip flops) the thought of a huge spider or snake landing on my back was quite frequent and slightly un-nerving. He then lead us through a deeper stream of fresh mountain water to present a deep pool with a natural rock/waterfall slide leading into it and rocks in which to jump off into the pool. It was absolutley amazing!! Like something you'd expect to see at centre parks made of plastic, but this couldn't be anymore natural. So after a quick demonstration by Brett we began jumping and sliding into this fresh cool water plunge pool. Lot's of fun was had by all as we enjoyed the rainforest's natural water features.
It was then back in the van to see Coff's Harbour's main tourist attraction... a Big Banana?! See for yourself. All the way around Australia they have huge things, prawns, sheep, oysters to name a few, Coff's got a big banana. We then went to do an old Coff's past time called 'Jetty Jumping', which speaks for itself really, we went to the jetty and jumped off! It is pretty high probably about 25ft and you get that great stomatch in your mouth feeling just before you hit the water, we did it all at the same time just the once and then it was back in the van and upto a great viewing point called Bruxner park where we could see right the way around Coff's.
That night after a day of extreme activities, Janelle had prepared a great Aussie meal which we ate at their house and then Brett took us out on the town for a few drinks and met more Aussie's in about 15 minutes than we have met on the entire trip! A great day was had by all, which was suiting as it was Colin's last day with us as he was due to embark on the rest of the trip alone, in order to get home for his girlfriend and work. Goodbye COL!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb