Richmond Farmers & Lions Club Markets


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Richmond
March 13th 2010
Published: March 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Richmond Farmers Market is held the 2nd Saturday each month at the Richmond School of Arts. Just near this is the Lions Club Markets in Richmond Park. The Farmers Market is well worth a visit for fresh produce and gourmet foods that you will not find in the big supermarket chains. The markets are a great place to support smaller, local producers and also to find some produce from further afield as well.

Lorenza and I decided on some curry pastes, fresh produce, cheeses and marinated quail breasts. After attending the market we decided to share our bounty with some friends for dinner.

The cheeses we purchased were great, a “blue” cheese that to me looked more green than blue, but had a great taste to it. The double washed brie was very creamy. The blue came from the Southern Highlands and the Brie from Bangalow, up north near Byron Bay.

I had always remembered quail being tiny, bony little things that you could nibble on but not really enjoy that much. The ones we got at the markets were not like that at all, sure they were nothing near the size of chicken breast fillets, but they did have a reasonable amount of meat to them and were very tender and tasty.

The Eau de Vie D’Alsace afterward may have been a mistake = aching head on Sunday morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

gourmet choicesgourmet choices
gourmet choices

game meats
gourmet choicesgourmet choices
gourmet choices

curry pastes, etc.
Lions Club MarketLions Club Market
Lions Club Market

need a fairy outfit?


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb