Blue Mountain Marvels.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
August 1st 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We awoke early and hoped to be on the road for around 8am but breaky and a leisurely 'get ready' we jumped in the car for 9am. Our drive would take 3 hours and we were off to the Blue Mountains to see the sights. Conversation on Horsham pubs, cars and old school friends made the journey fly by and we arrived in great spirit at Echo point for our first breath taking view of the Three Sisters, Jamison Valley and Mount Solitaire. From here we drove a short distance to to Scenic World where we took the dramatic, near vertical cliff train down the cliff side into the valley.
After a short walk around the raised boardwalk through the rain forest and a history of the coal mining, we boarded the cable car for a steep ascent back to the top of Scenic World. For our final thrill ride we boarded another cable car this time with a clear bottom to go across the valley from cliff to cliff to get a close look at the Katoomba water falls.

The drive back was a little quieter with all of us dropping in and out of sleep, apart from Neil of course who was driving. Arriving back around 7pm it had been a long day but lots done and great pictures taken so we all retired for a well needed nights sleep.

Advertisement



1st August 2010

Hello
Hi all, I'm so glad you are all having a great time. Thinking of you here and look forward to more details and pictures. Love you all xxxx
2nd August 2010

Your Australian Trip
Moe Sue Kay and Chris. Am following your blog with much interest especially as I have been to some of the places you are now visiting. So glad you are all having such a fantastic trip. Keep blogging (we need all the excitement we can get at work). Have fun. Love Bev xx

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb