Nelson Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Nelson Bay
March 14th 2011
Published: April 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We packed up again and hit the road this morning. We made it to Port Macquirie for lunch time. It’s a beautiful spot right on the ocean. We stopped for some photos and then found the perfect lunch spot. On our way out of town we spotted another lighthouse so we went to check it out. Nice spot. We continued on our way when we hit another town and saw some huge Pelicans. They were massive! Had a little driving break there to watch the birds and then continued on.

We had to stop for a bathroom break and we found a gas station with what appeared to be a replica of Ayers rock (Ulurulu) on top of it so of course we had to take some pictures. We decided that we would get to Nelson Bay for the night and try to find a place there to stay. We stopped in at the information center and asked if they could find us a cheaper place for 3 people but they couldn’t seem to find us anything under $115.

We decided to drive around and see if we could find something on our own. We stopped along a pretty bay and saw a motel across from the beach. Mom and dad went in to see how much and we were able to stay there for under $100. It was an older building and quite a dated room but it worked for us.

We took a little walk down along the beach and met a fisherman. We also saw some people snorkeling in the water. Turns out they were following a manta ray. We could just see it floating under the water which was cool. They are quite big. We made ourselves some dinner and then took a drive around the area although it was dark so we didn’t see much. We will be off to Sydney in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb