Nambucca


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Nambucca Heads
March 8th 2010
Published: March 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Shelley BeachShelley BeachShelley Beach

Beautiful!
We spent a lovely few days at Nambucca Heads. I love it here, it is a beautiful place and a lovely small town.
Nambucca Heads is a coastal holiday town with a perfect subtropical climate, and is just a 512 km drive north of Sydney halfway between Sydney and Brisbane. With a permanent population of around 7000.

Nambucca Heads is located at the mouth of the Nambucca River, which runs into the Pacific Ocean, and is renowned for its beautiful climate and stunning beaches.
The word 'Nambucca' derives from an aboriginal word from the local Gumbaynggir tribes, and means 'entrance to the waters' or 'crooked river'.

Whilst staying at Nambucca we visited the Island Golf Course, the beautiful beaches and drove down to Macksville and Scotts Head.
There is a long breakwall, down at the mouth of the river, where people have written messages to loved ones, it provided some interesting reading whilst on our walk.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Nambucca RiverNambucca River
Nambucca River

The Mouth of the Nambucca River
At the Golf ClubAt the Golf Club
At the Golf Club

Sue enjoying a quiet wine.
Scotts HeadScotts Head
Scotts Head

We spent the day here swimming and enjoying the scenery. There was a surf school in progress and we enjoyed watching the school children surfing.


20th March 2010

Isn't is amazing
how earlier in your holiday you were wearing coats as it was cold and now you are swimming in the sea!! Robyn xx
20th March 2010

Hi Robyn
Yes, it was quite a dramatic change in the temperature nearer the coast.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb