Change of plans


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Dubbo
June 12th 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We decided to visit Dubbo in lieu of Wilpena Pound, then travel further south in NSW through West Wyalong to Hay then on to Mildura and Port Agusta where we will be back on track with our original plans.

Our time at Dubbo gave us a chance to catch up on things, we now have a re-stocked fridge, the washing is done and the floor got another wash as well...so now we are all set to move on.

Last night we went over to the recreation room at the caravan park to watch the State of Origin football match on the BIG screen...dissappointing result for NSW better luck in the deceiding game!

Our visit to Dubbo Zoo (Western Plains Zoo) was wonderful...we had a 2 day pass and just had a quick drive through to make plans for our visit the following day which turned out to be a good idea.

Over dinner we planned an early start so we could see the Hippos have their brekky, the beautiful elephants, they are so intelligent...we bought tickets to hand feed the Giraffe which was wonderful, we could have kissed them!

Morning tea was lovely in the Cafe (good coffee again thankgoodness) and lunch was nice there as well...see photo of beautifully decorated little cup cakes at the Cafe...just gorgeous for the kids!

We had a really wonderful day at the Zoo and if anyone is thinking where to take their Grandkids it is a great place for one and all.
The gardens and facilities are great...we have promised to take our Lockie there early next year, followed by Harry, Luke & Angus in following years... we know they will all just love it!

While in Dubbo we had a long distance telephone aerial installed on the car to give better cell phone reception in the wide open spaces... Kylie who took us on our Bush Mail Run trip had one, so we thought it must be a good idea.

Love to our dear family and friends for your care and support to us both...Alice Springs here we come!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

ZebraZebra
Zebra

Zebra dies and goes to heaven, meets St nick at the pearly gates and asks, "am I black with white stripes or white with black stripes" St nick is not sure, says ask God. Zebra returns to reval what God said....he said "you are what you are"... well then, St nick says you must be white....because if you were black with white stripes God would have said...you is what you is...


15th June 2008

back on track
Good to see you are back on track and enjoying yourselves. Hows that origin match eh? How many times does that mason goose have to drop the ball before they drop him from the team?! At least it will make for an interesting decider. Seeyer later, Ev.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb