The Ark Pickup


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Cootamundra
November 19th 2010
Published: January 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well my first blog, lets see how I go. We had been looking around for a while at Camper trailers as they were in our price range and we thought this was an inexpensive way to see if we liked the lifestyle as we had tried the caravaning thing once before when our children were young teenagers, we all hated it! and never did it again. Our couple of our friends have bought themselves vans-one a camper van and one a pop top. We really wanted to go away with them on weekends but funds were limited and would even go for a tent setup since we were empty nesters now and only ourselves to worry about. We mentioned our plans to The Moths father and he mentioned a friend of theirs had a camper trailer for sale. It turned out o be a camper van not trailer as we had been looking at, but at $1000 a real bargain. It is old well old for a van, but not as old us us. It is a 1975 fiber glass/canvas van with an annex which I am sure has been used less than a dozen times! We felt we couldn't go wrong. We had a business trip to Canberra to go on, so we left the van at The Moth's parents at Cootamundra and headed to Canberra for work and then met up with Matt at the Canberra exit on the Hume Highway., hooked The Ark up and had an uneventful trip back home to the Central Coast NSW. The Moth was very impressed how easy it was to tow The Ark.

My only problem was having to finish the work week until the weekend to open it up and start cleaning it!

So until the next blog,

Charmaine & The Moth

PS: The Ark will make sense soon and you may be wondering Th Moth is my husband Tony-he has been nicknamed "The Moth" as he "won't leave till the lights go out"

PSS: Pictures to come- stay tuned it is a gem!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb