Dunedoo, Cobar and Broken Hill


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Cobar
March 13th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

During our time at Allworth we thought about our plans and decided it was time to start heading home. Most of the state of NSW was flooded so we did not have many options as to which way we would travel and the only main roads which were, at this stage, flood free was going through Broken Hill though we were a little worried about some of the roads around Broken Hill.

Tues 13 Mar - Our first night stop was Dunedoo, a lovely little town and a cheap Caravan Park ($20n). Checked out the pub with no beer but great food (so they said on the sign outside) and the other choice of toilet at the caravan park with the sign saying 'will this dunny doo'. At the caravan park met Tom and Rosemary and they decided to travel with us as we were all heading back to WA across the Nullabor. The next night we stopped at the Cobar Caravan park for a night. This is a mining town with the mine right in town. We had some dark storm clouds when we arrived but the rain did not arrive. We then headed to Broken Hill for a couple of nights.

Thu 16 Mar - Broken Hill - we arrived Thursday and the weather was threatening but had not rained but overnight it poured with rain and carried on throughout Friday. We were thinking about staying for the race day on the Saturday but with all the rain the ground was very muddy and we thought the race track would be much the same which was a shame as it could have been a good day. We were also a little worried about getting out of Broken Hill as we had driven over a couple of swollen rivers on our way in and we had heard that a bridge on the way out had been damaged in the floods a few weeks before and there was a temporary road and we were worried about this flooding with the rain we had just had. So we decided not to stay and headed off over the border to Peterborough in SA.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb