Secret Beach and Surfing Byron


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
February 10th 2013
Published: February 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

In true camping style I woke up having had limited sleep, nether the less I still love it. I decided to continue the camping early morning swim tradition, so went for a dip in the sea before tucking into some fruit for breakfast and packing up the camp.

All sorted we headed to ‘secret beach’ a beach which was one of those seen from the broken head lookout from yesterday. The drive to the area had been washed away in the floods last year and was littered with truly massive potholes, and angled rather funnily in places. Once parked we headed on foot along the designated path to the beach - I had been warned it to watch my footings on the path as it was quite narrow and very close the cliff edge! This was completely true and the path not quite so well maintained as that up to the lighthouse, but we managed it no problem and it was certainly worth the effort. Due to the tucked away nature of the beach and the walk to get there very few people know about it, so it was deserted for the majority and I had a fabulous few hours swimming enjoying the turquoise water.

After enjoying secret beach and walking back to the car we headed into Byron and managed to squeeze in another surf at ‘the pass’ and ‘main beach’. The waves here were a lot smaller than yesterday but a bit fatter and harder to catch, however I still got a good few. Relaxing in Byron Park with all the other people sitting round with friends was very pleasant way to spent the early evening. We went for another quick swim in the sea, showered off, changed and found a lovely Asian place for some dinner. After sitting on the rocks looking out over main beach under the stars we headed home around 10pm, eventually getting home at around 1am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb