Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
May 28th 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

As we woke up this morning the sun was shining but there was rain predicted for later in the day although the guys working at the hostel seemed confident that they always predict rain but it's nearly always wrong, so on the basis we booked up a kayaking tour for the following day and walked into town. We walked down on to the beach from our hostel and then made the 15 minute walk along the beach watching the brave surfers out in the sea as the storm clouds came closer and the waves were getting bigger. When we were 5 minutes from town the clouds did open and the rain spurred us on to walk a bit faster and take refuge in the hogs breath cafe for an early lunch whilst the rain passed. We had been planning to walk up to the lighthouse in Byron Bay but the sky still looked ominous so we decided to take a stroll around the town and see what happened with the weather before we committed to the walk up to the lighthouse. After browsing in a few of the shops in town we were glad we had decided not to walk to the lighthouse as the rain came again and this time much heavier. As we're getting closer to Sydney and its now winter here the climate has cooled down considerably so we decided to take a late afternoon rest in a cafe with a couple of hot chocolates next to a log fire.After warming ourselves by the fire we walked back up to the top of town to pick up a few bits for dinner in Coles and then caught the shuttle back to the hostel where we spent the evening watching TV next to a log fire in the TV room, whilst the rain continued to pour outside. Will aslo continued to make friends with cats that sneaked into the lounge to sit with us by the fire.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



4th June 2012

Byron bay accomodation
Nice blog, thanks for sharing!!!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb