25 & 26 Broken Hill


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Broken Hill
January 28th 2011
Published: February 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Murray Bridge to Broken Hill


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Broken Hill 1 47 secs

Broken Hill



Well due to the floods and landlips in Victoria my plans had changed and part of that change was to take in the Broken Hill leg of the Senior Oz title. Outback speedway.

We left from Murray Bridge 0930 ish and arrived in Broken Hill 1700 and passed a grand total of about 5 cars!!

You'll see a couple of photos from Manna Hill which was basically a road side cafe en route to Broken Hill... really in the middle of nowhere. Our food order of 2 burgers caused a black out in the cafe!!

Broken Hill is still a mining town (silver and lead I think) and is very very hot. The couple of days we were there it was 42 and 39 deg centigrade. We stayed in the Black Lion Hotel another cheap and cheerful establishment and another socialising balcony.

Broken Hill track is 400 metres long with a concrete fence, yup concrete. And no surprise there were no crashes. Surprises came in the shape of the commentator one Dick Barrie (I'd actually bumped into Mr Barrie at all the venues I'd attended except Undera) and the races were over 3 laps!!

Incidentally the tent thing we're all under at the track was to keep the heat off!! It had been 42 deg cent during the day and was still in the 30's at night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb