Only one more day of work!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Bellingen
March 20th 2014
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well who would of thought....we have only one more day of work before we head off on our worldwide adventures for 12 months flying out the 30th March. Whoop whoop!!

This trip is the one you always talk about but wonder if, when and how it will occur. Pito has only travelled to New Zealand (for our honeymoon and an Ironman) and is terribly excited to see the world beyond the greater triangle of Holbrook, whilst Jac hasn't done a big trip since her gap year in 2001 to the UK and Europe. The start of our worldwide shenanigans, like all good holidays, will commence with the 'Triceratops' doing an Ironman and Ultra Marathon in South Africa. Yep, you read right....we're apparently planning our year off around sporting events!!

The 'Triceratops' was created by three boys, Pito, Joey and Scotty, for their love of tri's and that they thought they were tops (cough cough). Together they had a bucket list of events, locally and abroad, that they wanted to complete including the Port Elizabeth Ironman in South Africa. Unfortunately one of the founding members, Scotty, is no longer with us and after Scotty's funeral Pito and Joey decided the bucket list item should come to fruition. So the calendar was marked, 'Tops WAGS' informed (Jac, Sian and Katrina) and the and entry fees paid for Ironman Port Elizabeth. Oh, and how convenient that the Cape Town Two Oceans Marathon was the following fortnight.

So soon we head of to South Africa following months and months of training by Pito and Joey. They're looking fit and in 'top' form. The plan for us after these events is 'no plan'. Joey and Siam will head off on their own safari whilst Katrina will travel with us until June, when she will return to Tamworth for the White Elephant Ball. The ball, along with a rugby game, will be in tribute to Scotty along with raising awareness and funds for mental health. Until then, there will definitely be some R & R and enjoying the best of Africa's wildlife, nature, scenery, people, food and wine.

But for now, must be off to bed, big day at work tomorrow cleaning up the desk....Looking forward to the end-of-work-for-12-months drinks commencing at 4.31PM Sawtell time farewelling our jobs, friends and comfort zones.

Shall be fun sharing our adventures with you....

Round and round and round we go, where we stop, no one knows...

Jac and Pito

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb