Road Trip Down Under


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Ballina
October 14th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In case you missed the memo- we are in Australia!

We spent our first week in Sydney car hunting and doing a bit of sight-seeing. We found a little Mitsubishi hatchback within our budget with low milage (kilometerage?) and jumped on the offer. She's a bit old and shaky, but runs great and fits all our bags!

We left Sydney early yesterday morning and headed north to Ballina- a 9 hour drive that ended up taking us 12 due to traffic, weather, and, of course, car troubles. Our car started acting funny about 7 hours in when Taylor went to put the blinkers on; basically, the car stopped and restarted itself while we were driving. So we pulled over into a gas station to see what was wrong. When we tried the lights the car died altogether. Perfect. We knew our battery had just died so I went to the car dealership next door to get a jumper kit. I was about to (attempt to) jump the car, when a man parked near us asked if we wanted help. He took one look and noticed that one of the wires had slipped off our battery- hence, why it died. He slipped it back on, then we drove it to the dealership and had it tightened up for us- no worries mate! We were back on the road again.

We are staying with my friend Sophie in Ballina for a few nights, then heading to the Gold Coast to visit the family, and then onwards to Cairns.

Side note: we have been traveling for 7 weeks now and have yet to pay for accomodation. Let's see how long we can keep this up!

The road is sure to bring lots more adventures, so I will be sure to blog more frequently!
Thanks for following 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb