Canberra


Advertisement
Published: March 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mar 19. In to city and got another bit of exposure on 'Sunrise'. Camera actually zoomed in on flag and Koshi made a comment. The producer came out and said I'd had good exposure and please that was enough. I said ok and told her I wanted to be on the show proper. Swam off Darling Point. Rain set in in the afternoon.
Mar 20. Early spruik Double Bay. Drove to Liverpool. Got copy of Feb 7 'Leader' article. Drove to Campbelltown. Got copy of Feb 8 article 'Macarthur Chronicle'. Same article. Drove to Goulburn. Searched 'Post' files. No article.
Mar 21. Spruik Goulburn. Mentions of 'Sunrise' appearance. Drove to Queanbeyan. Got copy of May 14 article in 'Age'. Spruik Kingston and Manuka. Parked up late. Could see illuminated flag atop Parliament House through the trees. The GOAL before me.
Mar 22. Hard beams of headlights in the carpark. Fitness soldiers before daybreak. Made tea at barby while young Canberrans sweated over hills and carried bags of SAND! Made repair of block wall and cleaned up. Entered Canberra road spaghetti. Navigation skills got severe workout. Quiet salubrious scene Civic. Little interest. Weather perfect for leisurely spruik and burrito. Pine trees in park a block wide. Easy to see how easy it is to get lost in Canberra.
Mar 23. Canberra crush early to get to far side of uni. Walked through sylvan suburbs. Campus reception started slow. Gathered momentum. Rosellas and talkative magpie larks. Spoke to campus newspaper editor. Went in front of library. No access to check email. Cousin Gabriella arrived. Put me on line. No email from Ted. Am I anxious? Drove to Mt Ainslie to rest and refect. Read 'The Australian'. More propaganda. Flag flew. Sunny day. White cumulus over the ranges.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb