Day Four- San Diego


Advertisement
North America
April 30th 2012
Published: April 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We were meant to get up at 7 to be on a bus to San Diego by 9 but something happened with the alarm and we slept till 8:10 :/So we quickly got ready and then had to wait for the train at 11:10, but it was fine.The Amtrak train was really good, all the staff were super friendly and helpful, and the chairs were really comfortable!I was sad to leave LA this time because we'd had so much fun, and it was the third time I'd been, but this time I felt like I saw a totally different side of it and learnt so much more! But I still didnt get to go to go to any night clubs, Bel Air or Laguna Beach etc so I'll hto go back a fourth time! 😊When we got off the train we met Margie and her fiancĂ© Chris. It's the first time we had met Chris and he is lovely! They then took us back to their house. It's a really nice 2 bedroom place in Mira Mesa about 10 minutes from Poway (where we stayed on exchange in 2006). They share it with their two boxers Kya and Ruger! That night we went to Margie's Dad and girlfriend (Laurie)'s house for dinner with Margie, Chris and Margie's Meema (Laurie's mOm). They had cute banners and a big birthday sign for laura! And they gave her a really pretty watch, which was super nice! They were very excited to hear about our trip and had tonnes (americans dont say 'heaps'😉 of suggestions! They told us sooo much that we should do, but I already forget half of it!Margie's dad is president of the Rotary Club in his area so he was so keen too give us heaps of info and he got out a MASSIVE map and we showed him our whole trip. None of them could believe that we were just moving to cities that we'd never been on our own after this trip! Now I'm here I can't really believe it either! Scary!We then had a birthday cake for Lor and went home for a good sleep!P.s. since we've gotten to SD and been listening to the radio we've heard a lot of Aussie music! They play Gotye's 'somebody that I use to know' remix ALOT! And we've heard ACDC, savage garden, jet and midnight oil.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb