Las Vegas Visit


Advertisement
North America
February 23rd 2012
Published: February 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

For two and a half days, my wife and I visited the premier entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas. We left San Jose CA in the morning of Feb. 16 2012 and took Southwest Airlines en route to Las Vegas Nevada. Right at the MaCarran airport, you could already feel the excitement and thrill of spending your weekend in this modern city which is situated in an arid dessert. From the air, Las Vegas is an incredible city, having been developed and fully bloomed as an urban area thriving on the entertainment industry and visited by millions of people from all over the states and around the world.

While it is admitted that the objective of our trip was to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city, we also wanted to play the slot machines of course. It happened to be the weekend when my wife would be celebrating her 62nd birthday, so we took the opportunity to seek Lady Luck that usually grants itself to a birthday celelbrant, in the city where casino resorts abound in greater number than in any other gaming capital anywhere in the world.

But we did not win. The only solace we had was that we saw a very well-performed show. It is called VIVA ELViS at the Aria Casino where, for one and a half hours, we sat and watched in awe as performers interpreted some of the popular songs of the great Elvis Presley in music, dances and acrobatics. The stage was big and the seats were a-plenty, and there was not a seat that was not filled. The audience clapped in unison to every portion of the show that saw the excellent and brilliant moves of the performers.

We mostly spent our hours of sightseeing and gambling on three casinos: Monte Carlo, Bellagio and Aria. We stayed at Monte Carlo hotel, and we felt that it was a most pleasurable stay. They also had a casino and my wife and I spent several hours in front of the slot machines seeking our luck. Lost we did, as usual, but it was worth it in terms of relaxation.

And then the food. Wow, the choices are a-plenty in buffet-style restaurants, where you can satiate yourself with all kinds of food and taste them. I don't know how many times I returned to get food in each buffet restaurant that we patronized, but I noticed that I gained a few pounds once we returned to our own city of San Jose after almost 48 hours of playing the slots, sight-seeing, eating and appreciating the beauty and magnificence of the premier entertainment capital of the world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb