end


Advertisement
North America
December 22nd 2005
Published: December 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post


What is going to happen if you throw away your shovel and dig with bare hands or if you take off your shoes in the mud? You will begin to feel the texture of the soil, of the earth. Fingernails collect dirt, and feet become scraped and roughened from every rock and bump. Suddenly, we gain knowledge of how our surroundings effect us and relate to us. As textbook as that sounds, it proves absolutely true for every place and every person. The more we immerse ourselves in our surroundings, the more we know about ourselves and the earth. Although grim it may seem at times, we live in a world that is undeniably good with people and places that helped us first define beauty. Beauty is a reflection of personal judgement and experience. It is what brings peace and happiness to our being; it is what we as humans strive for. By taking advantage of oppotunities and new experiences, our perceptions of beauty branch out and light the corners of our imagination. It becomes easier to live. You may find beauty in new places and even things that previously appeared hopeless or ugly. And when it is impossible to do this the knowledge that the good exists along with the vile forces us to admit, even through pain, that this world is worth living in and your race is worth loving.

That's it. That's pretty much the most important thing I learned. The End.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb