Gizmo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 23rd 2013
Published: February 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

I refuse to do the mental math on how much more it cost in terms of flights to take the cat to Poland. Unable to pawn the poor creature off on anyone in the States, we flew Gizmo to Klaudia’s parents in Poland, who were gracious enough to offer to look after him while we’re away. The bureaucracy involved in the form of EU paperwork was irritating, somewhat unclear, and stressful, with seemingly arbitrary timelines for when various forms needed to be signed by this vet or that, or a shot given by this vet or that, and with the final signature required from the US Department of Agriculture in Sacramento, “no earlier than 10 days before transport of the animal” - EU bureaucracy at its best, and I admittedly do not do well with instruction in general, let alone the instruction that comes with bureaucracy. But we got in done, and flew Gizmo to Poland. We reported to customs that we had a cat, to which the agent gave Klaudia an askance look and asked, a bit sardonically, if the cat had received its vaccinations.



“Yes”.



“Ok, bye then”, with not even a glance at the paperwork.



Thanks to Polish customs for making the whole thing so anti-climactic.

Advertisement



4th March 2013

The love of a good pet
That is great your parents were willing to look after Gizmo. Amazing all the paper work involved.

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb