The Long Road Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 12th 2012
Published: October 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well, I am going to try to go backwards from here since we are finally home. I didn't get much time to do any blogging since we were on the road the past few days since dodge city.

We headed north from Dodge to Cleveland and the Rock and Roll hall of fame. It was great. I was awestruck by the beatles section as they were my first idols and apparently I have not gotten completely over them. There were so many displays featuring every rock n roll performer you can imagine. They were not overdone as the place was packed with so many decades of musicians, but there was certainly enough to please any music lover. Asia was there the same day we were and was performing a short free concert for the visitors to the museum. They were doing a paid concert in the evening. Since Asia was an 80's band, and I was an 80's mom, they were not one of the groups I was too interested in. If anyone is ever in this area, be sure to stop by, you won't be disappointed.

From Cleveland we headed to Youngstown, Ohio to spend our last night on the road. Phil, being the kind, generous guy that he is decided we could spend up to $60 on our last room and not have to go with a super cheapy as we normally did. The last time he stopped at a place that advertised rooms for $29, and he was proud of the deal he found. But upon going in to register, he came rushing back to the RV and said we should get outta here!! Not the neighborhood we were looking for. Gee, you think????? But overall our rooms, if not necessarily the hotel office, were more than adequate.

When we got up on Wednesday and had breakfast, we were about 8 hours from home. We decided we should make one more casino stop so we went to Wilkes-barre PA to a Mohegan Sun for a few hours before returning to the real world. Alas, our time was up and we had to get back into the camper for our final destination. We got home about 7:00 Wednesday. Our trip was over!

Since there are gaps and pics missing from this blog, I will sign-on once more to try to fill in the holes. I know this blog only gives you peeks into the experience we shared but it was a journey I will remember and talk about for some time to come. It's a trip every American should take. If the sights and experiences from this trip don't make you proud to be an American, nothing will.



Karen

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb