Tourists Guide to Mount Vernon Estate


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 9th 2012
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=Qc6Qle-wvdU]Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens, located in Alexandria, Virginia is the most attractive tourist site in Southeast U. S. region. The estate is situated on the banks of the Potomac River and it is just a sixteen mile drive from Washington D. C. region. It had been the beloved house for George Washington, the very first president of United States of America.

The Property is actually spread over five-hundred acres which consists of a fourteen room mansion and several other estate architectural structures. The property was built in 1743 by Lawrence Washington, George Washington half brother. The actual property has been more than 8000 acres and of that, only 500 happen to be preserved. The mansion is really a wooden structure of Georgian design and it is constructed on a hill that has a scenic viewpoint of Potomac River. It's surrounded by fine backyards, large lawns and subsidiary structures.

In 1858, this specific territory was procured by Mount Vernon Ladies Association and after that opened to general population in 1860 as a tourist spot. The particular association has paid careful attention in restoring the exact property plus designed along with original objects like the way it could have existed in General Washington time. Presently the property is famous for its ancillary architectural structures and also outstanding landscape designs.

Some of the sights would be the mansion, the outbuilding that surrounds the mansion including smokehouse, kitchen area, slave quarters and also stables. Of late in '06, this riverside property started the Ford Orientation Center and also Donald W. reynolds museum and education center featuring art galleries coupled with theatres which uncover the everyday life story associated with George Washington. The art gallery includes more than seven-hundred artifacts and even houses interactive displays.

George Washington Distillery that is found three miles from Estate is usually kept open starting from Apr through October. You can find just how the 18th century whiskey distillery and also water powered mill was controlled. One can possibly furthermore visit the president Tomb that has been completed in 1831. Moreover you can notice a burial place which in turn honours the entire American-African slaves who seem to worked inside Mount Vernon. Various other facilities within the premises include a book retail store, gifts shop, food court and also the Mount Vernon Inn restaurant .

There are generally several mt Vernon tours which includes motor coach and also boat which makes interesting and fun in exploring the property. At any moment of the year, you will see always activities occurring at Mount Vernon and in addition usually in the Christmas holidays , the estate celebrates by having a cherished day time program. Very special festivities include 18th century dance, delicious chocolate making demonstrations, candlelit walks, inspired decorations and many other.

Mount Vernon Estate is among the most well-known historical site in the U. S. nation and is also a must see North Virginia attraction. It interests all ages and every single calendar year around 1 million people pay a visit to this particular huge property. Click here for more info about this historical location, visiting hours in addition to exotic tour plans.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb