This should be fun


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 30th 2012
Published: June 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I'm sitting in George's kitchen at 4am with a 7am departure ahead of us and no promise of any sleep yet. Well, i say that, but i just dozed off looking for travel insurance (well prepared) until the bastard dog woke me up by barking at me.

After finishing work at UBU, moving out of by house at Brigstocke and going through the hectic goodbyes that come with both of those events I am finally accepting surges of excitement about the 3 months ahead. 13 hours of flights tomorrow start at 1230 from heathrow and will leae George and I in Vancouver at 1930 local time. It turns out Sunday is Canada day, which sounds lke a good day to be in Canada and we've been put in touch with someone studying out there who has mentioned a party and the euro footy final. Also meeting my cousing David out there with his fiancee so Vncouver alread shaping up to be incredible.



Now i really should sleep. See you on the other side of the pond.

Advertisement



30th June 2012

Safe journey
Wishing you safe yet exciting travels Dom... May the roads rise to meet you, May the wind be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face, The rain fall soft upon your fields, And, until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand
1st July 2012

Canada?
Hi Dom, didn't know you had gone to Canada, we thought that you were just getting some sugar from the l Co-Op! Loads of mail already arriving- will try and sort as best we can. Will there be a number we can talk to you on during time when you are with David ? Missing you for some reason (Mum's even started singing!) Love Ma & Pa.

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb