Day 12 & 13 Temecula to Kingsburg, CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 13th 2012
Published: May 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had a great stay with David & Shana Hill, Bob's cousins, in Temecula, CA. David prepared two superb dinners !! He provided full hookups for our trailer. Temps got down into the high 40s so no AC was needed. Sunday AM we headed up I-15 in a light fog. The sun didn't break through until we were almost past LA - - never saw more than a couple blocks off the freeway. Traffic was pretty light and MOVING RIGHT ALONG!! There are several long grades on the 210 and the 5. Once we got down into the San Juaquin Valley it was flat but it was also hazy so we couldn't see the Sierras off to the east well enough to show up on in a picture. We got to Tulare, CA, our intended destination today and decided that it was too early to stop, so went on to Kingsburg, CA. We found a campground with lots of grass and staffed by very friendly people. Our site is only about 50 yards from the 99, so if it weren't for the AC running, we'd be listening to the heavy truck traffic all night. Tomorrow we'll stop at Walmart for supllies and head on up to Yosemite NP. We'll be camping without hookups, so we'll have to fill water tank and plan on not having electricity. Temps are supposed to be down to 41 at night and around 75 in the daytime - - a couple days for long jeans and a sweat shirt.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb