Day 10 & 11 Phoenix, AZ to Lake Havasu City, AZ to Temecula, CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 11th 2012
Published: May 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 & 11: Phoenix, AZ to Cattail Cove SP, AZ to Temecula, CA



After stops for gas and ice in Phoenix, we got onto I-10 and headed west, then north toward Lake Havasu City, AZ. Stopped to set up the campers at Cattail Cove State Park on the Colorado River. It is another outstanding state park - - just doesn't have WiFi. After setting up camp, we drove into Lake Havasu City to see the London Bridge. That was quite interesting. The lake water (river) is crystal clear and a little cold. The weather was hot - - somewhere close to 100. After returning to the campground, Bob & Kerry decided to go swim in the river - - Campground had a nice beach(es) - - one for people and one for dogs, though we didn't see the dog's beach. Took a long time to get into the water, but boy, did it feel good once you got in. Gena & Bob had Milo over at the boat ramp (thinking that was the dog beach) Kerry came over and waded in, but went past where the trailer tires go and got on some really slippery bottom - - started sliding backwards and couldn't stop - - look on his face was priceless! Friday AM we split up - - Magees headed for Bakersfield, CA & Hixsons for Temecula, CA. We took the same route from I-10 to Cousin Shana's place that we took going home the last time we were here. I had forgotten how many switch-backs and how steep the climb over the mountain was. We did have turn off the AC to keep from overheating the engine. We were able to drive directly to Shana & David's house without getting lost. They now have vineyards in their yard and grass & Landscaping in their courtyard. Looks great. David fixed a great dinner of made from scratch vegetable pot pie and a really great strawberry dish for dessert. After dinner, David gave us a tour of the vineyard - - it was cold enough that Gena & I both had to put on jackets. Definitely won't need the AC tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb