RIHILA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history? Now modern slavery is more underground and it is almost impossible to demolish it because people will continue to do it anyways because it brings in a lot of money and most people don't get caught. 2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln? It connects to Lincoln's legacy because he abolished slavery and fought for their right back in his time, and that's what people are trying to do now currently in America. 3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project? Basically it's a project where people are fighting against human trafficking and they are speaking up if they say anything like that going on, instead of staying quiet n letting it happen. I think it's a good idea and hopefully will help die down the number of people being sold and made to be prostitutes. 4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery? Yes I do agree because they are being threatened and treated as bad if not worse then slaves were treated in history. 5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery? I can't think of any other type of modern day slavery except like forced child labor but I think that falls under this topic of human trafficking. 6. Additional thoughts/questions? I feel that nothing can be an listed because people will always find a way around it. I'm not saying people's efforts are going to waste, I'm just saying that I feel there will always be some form of slavery somewhere in the United States at all times. History repeats its self.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb