Photo Round Up: East Coast Ramblin'


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 30th 2011
Published: April 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I had driven this road many times. Interstate 95 being a lateral East Coast version of the infamous Route 66, this main road runs from Maine to Florida. It provides a diverse coastal cruise, taking you through rolling pastures, lush forest, seascapes and the urban skylines of the North East. Travel down through the the hilly countryside of the North states then the saltwater air and humid horizons will welcome you to the South.

As with any road trip, the best part are the roadside stops!
Here are some photos of the two I enjoyed the most:

1. South of the Border, a Mexican theme park located just south of the North Carolina state line. While driving I-95 you will pass by hundred of billboards advertising entertainment such as Reptile Lagoon, an assortment of rides making up Pedroland, miniature golf, and a panoramic view from the Sombrero tower, along with an abundance of Mexican kitsch.

2. The Sarah P. Duke Gardens, a magnificent display of horticulture to create a relaxing and inspiring setting on the Duke Campus for visitors and Durham locals. The gardens consist of four major parts: the original Terraces, the H.L. Blomquist Garden of Native Plants housing southeastern United States flora, the William L. Culberson Asiatic Arboretum (cultivating plants of eastern Asia), and the Doris Duke Center Gardens. There are five miles of walks and pathways to tour the gardens.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



7th May 2011
Welcome to South of the Border!

haha this picture from South of the Border brings back a lot of memories. I live in NC and I have driven down I-95 quite a few times to get to concerts at Myrtle Beach, SC. Looks like you had fun!

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb