bag packing party!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 24th 2008
Published: April 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Bag Packing - Live! 56 secs
Donna An demonstrates Flying Stationery...Donna An demonstrates Flying Stationery...Donna An demonstrates Flying Stationery...

No, not hovering, just showing off our thank-you notes!
Bucky the Dragon -- official mascot of the Congressional Flying Club -- supervised the C2C bag packing party...which was really much nicer to do out on the picnic tables near the club trailer as the sun set on a glorious spring evening at Gaithersburg.

"Bucky's ten ounces," declared loadmaster Geoff Hornseth.

"If the good Lord wanted us to enjoy sunrise, he'd have moved it to 10 am," opined Bob Hawkins.

Each plane gets a survival kit, plus a bag of pilot gear, including charts. Donna created custom stationery so we can write thank you notes along the way. We have a discussion about emergency firestarters...including dryer lint, shaving from aircraft windshields... "I like C4, but the army won't give me any," offered one traveler unhelpfully.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Loadmaster at workLoadmaster at work
Loadmaster at work

Geoff Hornseth shows off his weight-compliant packing
Ruth and Geoff HornsethRuth and Geoff Hornseth
Ruth and Geoff Hornseth

Can you see the excitement as their dream trip gets closer?
Judy & The HawkJudy & The Hawk
Judy & The Hawk

Judy with her favourite instructor, Bob Hawkins. He's kinda standing in for her pilot Dad, in whose memory she's flying this tripo
The Bag PackersThe Bag Packers
The Bag Packers

Dick Strock and Ruth Hornseth, foreground, work the bag packing checklist while Gashaw Mengistu looks on.


1st May 2008

Bucky
Glad Bucky has a chance to see the country. By the way, very few people know Bucky's back story... If enough people ask, we will make up another one.
1st May 2008

please POST the bucky story!
Anne, Please do post the Bucky Story! We'd like to know!

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb