Cheyenne to Riverton, Wyoming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Riverton
September 5th 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

September 5 Cheyenne to Riverton, Wyoming
I drove north out of Cheyenne and checked out the Dwyer Junction Rest area as a possible future overnight parking area. It was a very nice rest area and there were no signs saying no overnight parking so it should be ok. I headed up to Casper and then went West on Hwy 20 with today’s destination being Riverton. It is next to the Wind River Reservation and on the way to the Grand Tetons, which is my destination for tomorrow. I had thought that I would make it in one day from Cheyenne to the Grand Tetons but Wyoming is much bigger than I had thought; and very boring driving with nothing but endless brown rolling hills. I had done some homework on free overnight parking in the Riverton area and found out that the Wind River Casino south of town allows people to overnight in it’s parking area and even has electrical plugs on some of it’s light post (less than 20 amps only). That looks like where I will overnight park for the night. I’ve been at the MacDonalds here in Riverton and after I post this on my blog I will go back there and get my rest. I should reach the Grand Teton National Park tomorrow.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.593s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 73; dbt: 0.2558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb