Day 3 - August 2nd - Wendover, NV - Laramie, WY


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Laramie
August 2nd 2012
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to a beautiful morning and the first thing we did was to head out to the salt flats for one last look before we headed east. Those salt flats are beautiful in the morning! Megan wanted to take a drive on the open flats and test her skills...she did a GREAT job! Our next stop was Rawlins, Wyoming Frontier Prisoner Museum. This was a prison that opened in 1901 and closed in 1981. The original buildings were still there along with the gallows and gas chamber! Of course I wanted to sit in the gas chamber.....pretty weird feeling....We ended up in Laramie, Wyoming. What a cowboy town! Well off to another destination tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



4th August 2012

Yikes...
Yeah Megan! must have been really fun scooting on those flats, no obsticles. Alisha you are nuts going in that chamber, did you get nightmares last night? that is one gothic looking prison, wonder if it was in any scary movies.
6th August 2012

Leah
No, nightmares..I was pretty cool. You would have loved it. I am not getting much time on the computer this time around...Mason is hogging the computer every night.
14th August 2012

oh my, not sure I would have sat in that chair! What a beautiful trip. Your kids are at the age that they will remember this forever. Great pics! Nice place to practice driving.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb