Day 15


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson Hole
August 20th 2011
Published: August 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday, Larry & I went to Snowbird Ski Resort where there is summer things to do there. We rode an aerial tram up the mountain where you can walk around and hike if you want. At the top of the mountain, we were 11,000 feet above sea level. When got off the tram, both of us were a little light headed. But Larry felt it the most. I was able to walk around pretty good and not get short breathed. Not so much for Larry. He also had a queasy stomach. The tram leaves after 30 minutes at the top, but you don’t have to leave when the tram leaves. You can stay up there as long as you want as long as you are sure to not miss the last tram at 8:00pm. That wasn’t a problem for us…when the tram operator rang the bell that he was leaving, I think we may have been first on. Ha! We went back down, and I got some really cool pictures, and took video on the way down too.
We had a light lunch then I went up one of the chair lifts and rode the Alpine Sled down this channel like thing. It was pretty fun, but would have been more fun if someone else went down with me. Larry wasn’t about to do that.
When we returned to Sue’s in the after, I took a quick cat nap while surfed the internet looking for things to do on the rest of our trip. Sue prepared a yummy dinner for us complete with fresh cannoli’s from an Italian bakery that she & Tom visited earlier in the day.
Today, after breakfast we departed Sue’s. We drove about 6 hours and arrived in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We are staying at The Virginian where there is a lodge and an RV park. The people here are really nice. Some guy from California came over & introduced himself and helped us set up…at least he thought he was helping. LOL
We will stay here for a couple nice and snoop around. From here, we’ll head to West Yellowstone Park



Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb