Grand Teton National Park


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We were still pretty tired after a really cold nights sleep (elevation nearly 8000 ft!!) and yesterday’s long day was still taking its toll but we dragged ourselves to Teton National park! It is so close to Yellowstone that we had to come and pay a visit…and we were so glad that we did…the relatively small park was stunning.

We stopped at the visitors centre, got a quick wash and then did a 2 mile walk around the marina taking in various views of the lake and the mountain range. A 2 mile walk to us at the moment is nothing but our legs were hurting from all the walking we have been doing, so to rest our weary feet we decided to do the 32 mile driving tour of the park.

We stopped off at several view-points and significant historical locations around the park. We drove up a 5 mile incline to Signal Mountain, to get a different view of the Teton Range and it was good but a lot of it was obscured by trees which was a shame. We did see a load of what looked like ash coming from a mountain in Yellowstone and we thought an eruption was upon us but no such luck! One good historical point was an old small trading post by Menors Ferry; the shop was still in use and the keeper in full character, wearing her old dress etc. Mary loved it in here. Next point of interest was Cunningham’s (Mary was all giddy to share her surname with the old cattleman) Cabin; this was an old hut where J Priesley Cunningham herded cattle – what a beautiful spot to live!!

After a few more stops including Jackson Lake lookout which was stunning, we headed back up to camp to collect the tent, stopped by Yellowstone Lake for tea and then made a mad dash for Cody – infamous town of Buffalo Bill and the Rodeo!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Might start going to church..Might start going to church..
Might start going to church..

if the views are this good through the altar window; beautiful church.
Replica ferryReplica ferry
Replica ferry

people used to cross on this but you should have seen how fast the river was flowing; I wouldn't have fancied it.
I loved all the things....I loved all the things....
I loved all the things....

in here it was really traditional and the shopkeeper was even dressed for the occasion
WOW we are famous...WOW we are famous...
WOW we are famous...

J P Cunningham; that sounds familiar!!
Tetons over the river..Tetons over the river..
Tetons over the river..

This was a beautiful NP wish we had more time here.


2nd August 2011

Fucking Beautiful
Hey Guys, looks fucking beautiful. Are you still enjoying your trip? Hope to see you soon at skype. Still miss you, Jan Willem
5th August 2011

We miss you too Pricks!!
Yeah it is beautiful out here and we know that you 2 will love it here too; the yanks get on our tits a bit though!!!! We will try and speak soon on skype as we miss you both too, hope life is going well xxx

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb