7/13/13 - Cody, Wy.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cody
July 13th 2013
Published: July 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

7/13/13 - Today we went to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. This is a large museum which covers a lot of Yellowstone, Wildlife, Plains Indians, Western Art, Bill Cody's Life, and GUNS!! This museum has the largest collection of guns in the US and possibly the world. I found the museum very interesting and informative. I spent a lot of time in the guns, they have 1500 on display on the main floor and another 1200 on a lower floor with 5000 in basement storage as they do not have the room to display them. These are guns from all manufactures, all ages, and all uses.

After the museum we went to Old Trail Town. This is a location here in Cody where buildings from all around have been moved to this location. A lot of the outlaws hideouts, complete with bullet holes :-).

Jeremiah Johnston's body was exhumed and moved to this site along with a couple of lesser know people.

We also toured Tecumsheh"s Minivillage. This is a minature tableau depicting the history of this region of the west. It is free, and very interesting. Met the owner and discovered that he had makes many Indian articles such as bows, shirts, pants, dresses, coats, etc. A little pricey, as you can expect.

After all this we took in a rodeo at the "Rodeo Capital of the World". Dakota and Briar really enjoyed this. The contestants were good, the stock was good, the bull fighter was funny. All enjoyed. After the rodeo, went back to the motorhome at Ponderosa Campground.


Additional photos below
Photos: 110, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb