The Stone's Are Off On Great Adventure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Madison
June 24th 2013
Published: June 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we start a great adventure.

Before we get started, let us tell you how we got here.

We have always wanted to go to Wimbledon. But you get busy in life, and we had just not gotten around to it. That was until Tyler had the opportunity to go to the US Tennis Open in New York. Ty's adventure reminded us that life is short, and if you want to go to Wimbledon, well ... then you should go to Wimbledon.

Wimbledon is in London, and it turns out there are things to see and do in London, besides Tennis.

So here we go. The Stone Family vacation begins...

No adventure is without mishaps, and our mishaps started early. We arrived at the Madison airport, only to be informed that the flight to Chicago was cancelled. Ten minutes later we were in a rental car racing down the Interstate (while at all times obeying the spirit, if not the letter, of all traffic laws established by the great states of Wisconsin and Illinois).

We arrived at O'Hare just in time to make our flight to London (when Warner Brothers makes the film version of this trip, we will race down the airport concourse and leap onto the plane, seconds before the door slams shut ... in reality, the drive made the connection tight ... but not that tight).

Flight to London leaves on time and strong westerly winds get us to London in under 7 hours.

Advertisement



4th July 2013

Thanks for blogging!
It's great reading your blog, sounds like everyone is having a great time! Enjoy this trip, it's one for the memory book.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb