Trip to Packer Country


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Green Bay
November 6th 2010
Published: January 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Jumped on a plane to Green Bay, Wisconsin to watch the Packers play at Lambeau Field. Of course there was a departure delay so I missed the connection and had to make 3 stops instead of one.
My football buddy from high school and Cerritos college, Dan Hall, has a son Korey, who plays fullback for the Packers. Dan and his buddy Jeff picked me up at the airport and we headed out to Korey"s house.
Next day went to Lambeau with Korey and had a personal tour of the facilities. Went to the hall of fame, locker room, training facility, weight room, and through the players tunnel on to the field. Lot's of fun, the fans are crazy and the team store is the size of a department store.
Sunday night was the game, and it was around 20 degrees, but no one seemed to mind. We tailgated at a house across the street from the field and arrived at the game about an hour before game time. We had seats on the 2nd row on the 40 yard line.
The Pack dismantled the Cowboys fairly easily. Headed home on Monday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Dan and CraigDan and Craig
Dan and Craig

Trying on gear
Grow lights on the fieldGrow lights on the field
Grow lights on the field

These are kept on 24/7 before the games to get the turf in to ideal condition
Tail gatingTail gating
Tail gating

Some steel company had a house across the street that was strictly for partying before games. The floor was painted like a field. All rooms in the house had TVs with different games on.


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb