Seattle Center


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
September 6th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Cynde at the Community GardenCynde at the Community GardenCynde at the Community Garden

Admiring the beautiful flowers and veggies
Friday morning Kenny and I walked to REI, Recreation Equipment Inc, the largest Sporting Goods Retailer in the Northwest. The weather was typical Seattle weather, cool with a light mist. It felt wonderful! We passed by a Community Garden on the way and I, of course, had to stop and smell the roses, and all the other flowers and vegetables inside. There are many Community Gardens in Seattle gracing the neighborhoods and providing nourishment to many local Food Banks.

When we reached REI, we were astounded by the beautiful landscaping, complete with huge Fir trees and waterfalls. After spending some time perusing the goods and checking out the inside hiking trail and the outside biking trail, we headed back to the hotel where Terry had spent the morning relaxing.

We took the trolley to the end of the line and crossed the street to purchase monorail tickets to take us to Seattle Center, home of the famous Space Needle. The Space Needle was built in 1962 for the World's Fair held in Seattle and is it's most recognizable landmark. At the time of construction, the Space Needle was the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. As Seattle has
Space NeedleSpace NeedleSpace Needle

Kenny took a tour to the top for the amazing view. Built for the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle.
been developed, the city was careful to not allow other sky scrapers to be built near the Space Needle so as to not distract from its magnificence.

Seattle Center was beautifully landscaped and is home to the new Dale Chihuly Garden and Glass museum. Terry and I opted for the glass museum while Kenny opted to visit the top of the Space Needle. The Chihuly museum was absolutely amazing, especially the outside garden area with the colors and lights. Kenny loved the view from the top of the Needle.

Our cousin, Alicia, and her husband, Allen, met us after our tours and together we walked to the Experience Music Project or EMP museum. Unfortunately, the Museum was closing in 15 minutes but we did get to walk through the huge music video room and the gift shop, full of wild and crazy items.

Afterward, we decided to head back to the Seattle Waterfront for a luscious dinner at Anthony's Seafood. What a wonderful time with friends and family!

A taxi ride back to the hotel and a dip in the hot tub concluded a wonderful day. Life is Good in Seattle!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Chihuly Garden and GlassChihuly Garden and Glass
Chihuly Garden and Glass

The Garden Room.
Chihuly MuseumChihuly Museum
Chihuly Museum

The Glassroom
Chihuly GardenChihuly Garden
Chihuly Garden

Amazing colorful flowers.
CousinsCousins
Cousins

Having Fun!
Beautiful FlowersBeautiful Flowers
Beautiful Flowers

At the Community Garden
Experience Music ProjectExperience Music Project
Experience Music Project

The aluminum building reflects the surrounding color.


Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb