The adventure begins! A long, long day NZ - Seattle, USA.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
September 9th 2013
Published: September 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Air NZ - Premium EconomyAir NZ - Premium EconomyAir NZ - Premium Economy

Getting settled in for the 12 hour flight!
Date - Monday 9th September 2013

What a gorgeous day to leave Wellington, NZ. Knowing we had a long day ahead with three plane journeys and airport terminals we started the day with a lovely brisk walk around the area Jennie's parents live in. With the head clear and the bodies energised we completed our packing and left the wonderful family resort of "Davis Hotel"! The resident chauffeur kindly took us to the airport where we took our flight bound for Auckland at midday. Met by another friendly family chauffeur we had an enjoyable lunch at a yummy cafe near the airport. After completing a few admin tasks and catching up with family we headed back to the airport to complete check-in formalities for our LA leg of the journey. In Duty Free Jennie bought another lovely Pandora charm to commemorate the start of this wonderful adventure. Very fitting she chose the sliver fern charm. Our friends were in Business Class seating and we were in Premium Economy - very nice! Great meals and service and we both managed to get some sleep and catch a movie. We arrived safely into LAX just after midday local time. With a few hours to wait for the Seattle leg of the journey we planted ourselves in the Corona Bar in Terminal 8 and caught up on emails and did more trip research. Our flight to Settle was early evening and brought an end to a very long day! Hopefully a good sleep will see us refreshed to embark on the next few days exploring Seattle.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb