Famous Seattle Graves


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle » Bell Town
February 22nd 2013
Saved: May 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

<iframe style="left: 0px; top: 65px; width: 162px; height: 72px; visibility: hidden; position: absolute;" src="javascript:''" frameborder="no" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Did you know that both Bruce Lee and Jimi Hendrix are buried in Seattle graves? Seattle's Lakeview Cemetery, on Capitol Hill, just east of downtown is the grave site of many famous Seattle icons. Bruce Lee and his son, Brandon Lee are buried there. Jimi Hendrix is buried at Greenwood Cemetery in nearby Renton. Though he was put to rest in 1970, his grave was moved by his father, Al, to a more lavish memorial in the southwest corner of the cemetery. The memorial has a 30 foot high granite dome, supported by three columns trimmed in rainbow marble.


Many other famous people are buried here. How about Chief Sealth, aka Chief Seattle, for whom the city is named? Among other famous Seattle names of historic proportions: Hiram Chittendon, Arthur Denny, Doc Maynard, Gypsy Rose Lee, Thomas Mercer, John and Hilda Nordstrom, and Henry Yesler. More modern heores include: Kurt Cobain, Bill Boeing, Ray Charles, Don Coryell, Robert "Birdman" Stroud, Fred Hutchinson, Ted (not Al) Bundy, and Frances Farmer. I wonder if they will bury Bill Gates in Seattle? Those famous names now in Seattle, sometime down the road, in another email or blog: Paul Allen, Mario Batali, Carol Channing, Judy Collins, Richard Karn, Jeff Bezos, Dale Chihuly, Quincy Jones, Tom Douglas, Eddie Vedder, and Mark Morris. Turns out that Janie, Jimi's "sister" runs the Hendrix Foundation, and has put some sense and sanity into the great Hendrix legacy. Perhaps we can find more musical legacies that turn out so well.

It seems to me that neither great artist was appreciated as much in life, as they are now in death. The only thing I can think of, is that both were minorities, and appealed initially to the youth of their time. They were definitely not mainstream! My message to you, is to get out and see the artists of today, before they are gone forever.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

22nd February 2013

Jimi
I wonder if Jimi is one of those dead celebs making more $$$ in death (through licensing) than he did in life. If so, what an envious way for the heirs to coast through life.
24th February 2013

Most Likely
Jimi's non blood sister, Janie now controls his estate and runs his foundation. If this estate is anything like Elvis and Graceland, I am certain it is worth more now.

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb