touchdown


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Issaquah
June 30th 2014
Published: June 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

so after a good nights sleep i am finally not too tired to post some details!!!

our new hosts are named crystal and robert odekirk from the barony of madrone out here. they have a son too who is stewart and hes 19....ill get pics later of everyone....promise.
awesome people.

and if you know us....ya know we love the outdoors...and especially love the whole atmosphere of places that look like...well basically the sets of twin peaks.....so here we are...

their house seems like you are so very secluded way out in the country amid all these pine trees and ferns and ponds....but evidently not.....ya go to the park and ride down the ways and the awesome public transport out here whisks you into downtown seattle in 30 minutes.....how awesome is that?

so they have a nice big house out here...and like grizz and i.....they do a lot of cool stuff...steampunk cosplay....armouring....garbmaking....leatherworking and woodworking...they are into JOUSTING AS WELL!!! seriously.....awesome. they even have a sheep and 2 horses..and yes they ride..and yes they can teach me to ride.....they are also into the arts...and acting. evidently they were both in the dorkness 2..dorkness rising movie....robert as a few different characters.

bedroom last night was huge...huge....big enough that we could have our own bedroom and little living room should we decided to rent it from them...which good news...they were thinking about anyway....and i think later this week we will all seriously discuss because...hey its awesome...they are awesome.....and its a perfect spot....transport links are great...we could work almost anywhere and live still in awesome twin peaks style beauty of nature....and they are great people.

so they are both kind of what we call in the midrealm a triple threat almost.....they are both laurels...robert is also a knight.....and i cant remember what all they both are but come on....doesnt that say everythting right there?? yes it does.

so today we will be cleaning out the bedroom we sleep in so we can put some tubs of our stuff there...exploring issiquah..maybe hopping on a bus or whatever and going into seattle because we are excited...

how awesome is that folks? i dont wanna harp on it again.....but i can sum up our experience in indiana as "no"....and so far the experience here has been "yes". period...end of story....only 2 days and we feel like we fit in here.....we feel like we are welcome....like things are going to work out and there are possibilities..a good job is around the corner and these nce people can help us with that also.....and people can help us get into our dream hobbies.....network us to do things we always dreamed of.......its amazing....and im so very amazed and thankful....and i am so very glad i am out of shit ass indiana.....oh also....weather forecast today...77...low of 65.....i am in heaven.

pics soon!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb