19 Hours To Go!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Fairfax
August 2nd 2011
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bryon's bike loadedBryon's bike loadedBryon's bike loaded

This is a Bryon's bike after loading it up for the first time the night before we leave.
This will probably be the last entry I make before we leave. We leave tomorrow at noon, with the first stop being my sister's house on our way to Cumberland, MD, where there is a motorcycle salvage. We are going to check if they might have any used equipment we might want. From there we head up to Ohiopyle, PA to raft the river the next morning.

I got my bike completely packed! We got camping chairs that I laid flat on the bench-seat, then crossed it with an old Mexican blanket. I put the ruck sack over the Mexican blanket and strapped it down with a rope. Then I put Leche's carrier and the bike cover at the rear, topped it with the full-faced helmet and anchored that down with a bungee net.

Dan is busy getting everything squared away for tomorrow's departure, He has tied down just about every loose end, finishing with taking his car to MD tomorrow morning.

I have a camera now, so there will be pictures posted more often!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bryon's bikeBryon's bike
Bryon's bike

A side view to see the camping seat and the Mexican blanket. You can also see Leche's dog carrier and the cover under the helmet.
Almost ready!Almost ready!
Almost ready!

Dan on the left, me on the right with our fully loaded KLRs for the first time
Cheers!Cheers!
Cheers!

Toasting reserve gas cans!
Lets Ride!Lets Ride!
Lets Ride!

Getting comfortable with the bikes ready to go


3rd August 2011

Photo problems
Sorry, but for some reason the last three pictures won't load.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb