things are moving a bit


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Deltaville
October 8th 2012
Published: October 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Quick update on things-

front water tank has been cleaned out with vinegar and rinsed, plumbing fixed and we are pleased that all is good- no leaks. We have temporarily hooked up the drain for one of the sinks so now we have running water- no more trucking dishes up and down the ladder! All the compartments and extra storage places around the tank have been washed and a fresh coat of paint has been added- I'll do the final coat tomorrow morning and we can put our bedroom back together again.... at least until I tear it all apart again to revarnish sometime in the future when we run out of more urgent projects.

We will be getting on to the plumbing in the back room soon, so Simba will have to move out of his big suite and into his REAL room. Of course that meant cleaning out his real room, which had become our junk room unfortunately. All is done there now, not much left except our head sail on the bottom bunk where Simba will sleep. The top bunk we will continue to use as storage, but we will keep it more organized from now
Simba the SailorSimba the SailorSimba the Sailor

Hiding at the back of his messy temporary room from the sun
on. In general the boat is a lot more organized now, we are slowly putting things away properly and finding logical, useful places instead of just shoving. It is encouraging to see my table again!!

We are making lists of things we need to do, things we need to measure and things we need to buy. Hopefully this week will be a bit more productive- we are less tired, starting to relax and the weather will be a lot more helpful too. We plan on replacing the seacocks when they arrive, and getting started on the preparation involved in painting the topsides. We have a lot of work to do on that- some cracks to dremmel out, some stripes to remove and overall cleaning and prepping. Once the seacocks are installed and hull and topsides are finished the only remaining project left to do out of water is our waste system. Then we can finish the rest in the water. It will be exciting to get to that point!

Thank you for everyone who is sending us thoughts and information, it is very much appreciated!

Lori

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb