Charlottesville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Charlottesville
October 12th 2012
Published: October 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Left Washington DC and arrived in Charlottesville the same day as the Dali Lama. He was giving a talk in the town, unfortunately our bus was delayed and we didn't arrive until the speech was half way through. couldn't get a ticket but did listen to some of it from a bridge above the site however there was traffic going over the bridge so it was difficult to hear it. Charlottesville is a delightful little town, it has a very cosmopolitan feel, laid back and relaxed. have already found a great restaurant, the theatre and a concert hall. There was a country band playing in the street when I arrived and coupled with a beautiful day it was very enjoyable. Tha lady I am staying with is very musical and she plays several instruments, cello, violin, guitar and harmonica. Her daughter writes, sings and plays in a group with her Mum and sisters boyfriend. The music certainly sounds good. The only problem I have found is that the transport system is very restricted and it seems there is no way I can get to Shenandoah without a car. Oh well looks like plan B.

Advertisement



14th October 2012

Hi Pam! Looks as though you're getting a real American experience. Enjoy.
14th October 2012

Hi Pam! Looks as though you're getting a real American experience. Enjoy.

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb