The adventure is about to begin...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Alexandria
December 26th 2005
Published: December 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all. Hope that you're all doing well. We finished all our vaccinations and are making the final preparations for our big adventure, including the hardest part, which is saying goodbye to the family, friends and co-workers who have been so supportive of this crazy dream of ours. Later this week, we will head down to Florida for New Year's and visit with family and friends before taking off on January 7. I can't believe I only have 2 more days left at work. So much to do before we leave but I will try to keep you updated on our progress...

We are really excited about our trip and can't wait to be in sunny warm Thailand. Spending some time relaxing at the beach will be nice after the cold DC winter. Then it's on to southern China (probably around Kunming) to meet Stevan's mom before she returns to Belgrade from her job in Beijing. We also hope to meet a friend in Cambodia and visit Laos and Vietnam. We'll keep you posted on where we actually end up and will try to take lots of pictures.

Happy New Year to everyone. May all your hopes and dreams come true.

Amy and Stevan

Thought of the day: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him do a back flip.

Advertisement



26th December 2005

good luck have fun
6th January 2006

Stay away from the chicken overe there!!!!!!
Try the Dog meat instead! I`ve heard, it`s delicious! Hey you 2 crazy love birds...Have a great trip!
9th January 2006

I just came back from SE Asia
Guys! Just got back from 10 days in the Philippines visiting family and it was TOO hot for my thin blood now! Eat the chicken just don't be contact with them while they're alive!!
10th January 2006

Bon Voyage!
I'm so jealous!! We'll keep up with you from DC and live vicariously through you...uh, except for the inevitable intestinal distress at some point - you can keep that one all for yourselves!
14th June 2006

Where are you now?
So what's happening now? I'm so happy you're safe!

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 92; dbt: 0.0988s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb